English Courses – Advanced Intermediate Level
ELC Professional Center offers English language courses that focus on oral and written communication, as well as specialized courses in reading texts. The latter are for participants whose passive knowledge of English is strongly recommended.
A placement test is REQUIRED BEFORE any course enrolment (exception: prior course successfully completed).
Here is a list of the levels offered:
- Advanced beginner;
- Advanced intermediate;
ADVANCED INTERMEDIATE LEVEL
Once the course is completed, the participant will be able to:
- understand the main ideas of concrete and abstract topics in a complex text, including technical discussions in their field of activity;
- interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity, such as regular interaction with native speakers without strain for neither party;
- express themselves clearly and in detail on a wide range of topics, expressing an opinion on a topic;
- explain the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
This course is not for people whose mother tongue is English.
Knowledge of English, intermediate
- review verb tenses;
- introduction to past participles of the most common irregular verbs;
- present perfect, simple and progressive;
- past perfect, simple and progressive;
- CAN, COULD, MAY, MIGHT, WOULD, WOULD RATHER, HAD BETTER, etc.;
- introduction to the passive voice;
- the passive voice with GET;
- connecting ideas with AND, BUT, OR, SO, EITHER, NEITHER, BECAUSE, EVEN THOUGH, ALTHOUGH;
- time adverbial clauses;
- subject + verb agreement;
- expressions of quantity;
- personal pronouns;
- auxiliaries and expressions: would you mind, have got to, etc.;
- expressions: used to vs. be used to.
- Adapted language courses
- Available Language Courses
- Cost for Language Courses