English Courses – Intermediate Level
ELC Professional Center offers English language courses that focus on oral and written communication, as well as specialized courses in reading texts. The latter are for participants whose passive knowledge of English is strongly recommended.
A placement test is REQUIRED BEFORE any course enrolment (exception: prior course successfully completed).
Here is a list of the levels offered:
- Advanced beginner;
- Advanced intermediate;
Once the course is completed, the participant will be able to:
- understand the main points when clear standard speech is used and for familiar things at work, school, leisure, etc…;
- deal with most situations that are likely to arise whilst traveling in an area where the language is spoken;
- speak simply and coherently on familiar topics and areas of interest;
- recount an event, experience or a dream, describe a hope or goal and briefly give reasons and explanations of opinions and plans.
This course is not for people whose mother tongue is English.
Knowledge of English, advanced beginner
- present and past tenses (simple and progressive);
- irregular verbs in the past;
- the expression TO BE BORN ;
- adverbs of time, duration and frequency;
- overview of future expressions;
- verb + gerund and verb + infinitive.
- phrasal verbs : introduction;
- verb + preposition; adjective + preposition.
- Adapted language courses
- Available Language Courses
- Cost for Language Courses