Law favouring the development and recognition of labour skills (law on skills)
Did you know …
You are an employer whose annual payroll is greater than one million dollars? ? Under the Law which favours the development and recognition of labour skills, you must:
- Invest, within the same civil year, the equivalent of at least 1% of your payroll in training activities that aim to develop the skills of your personnel,
- Declare the invested amount to Revenue Quebec.
If not, you must pay the amount that was not invested to the “Fonds de développement et de reconnaissance des compétences de la main-d’oeuvre”. This fund serves to finance some activities that are linked to training.
This continuous training requirement aims to improve employability and the qualifications of the workforce, thus promoting employment, work adaptation and integration, as well as worker mobility.
Our training services are certified by the “ministère de l’Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale », and are subject to the law governing training of workforce skills. You may find all the information needed at the following Website:
Human Resources and Social Development Policy (RHDSC) regarding accreditation of private schools
According to the articles 118.5 and 118.6 regarding the Law on income tax on revenue, the accreditation of private schools offering courses designed specifically to facilitate the acquisition of professional skills is to allow students aged 16 years or more who take the course in these institutions to receive tax credits for tuition and education related to these courses. You can find complete information on the following website:
Why not take advantage?
Train you personnel!
Did you know …
- Training increases personal confidence in a person and makes them more independent.
- A well-trained individual is eligible to get promotions more easily.
- Continuous education ensures a greater job security and stability.
- Continuous education procures the tools needed to confront tomorrow’s challenges.
As we are a organization certified with Emploi- Québec, we are able to fill out all the documents needed for your company to request a grant for the “Fonds de développement et de reconnaissance des compétences de la main-d’œuvre”.