French Courses – Advanced Intermediate Level
ELC Professional Center offers French language courses that focus on oral and written communication, as well as specialized courses in reading texts. The latter are for participants whose passive knowledge of French is strongly recommended.
A placement test is REQUIRED BEFORE any course enrolment (exception: prior course successfully completed).
Here is a list of the levels offered:
- Advanced beginner;
- Advanced intermediate;
ADVANCED INTERMEDIATE LEVEL
Once the course is completed, the participant will be able to:
- understand the main ideas of concrete and abstract topics in a complex text, including technical discussions in their field of activity;
- interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity, such as regular interaction with native speakers without strain for neither party;
- express themselves clearly and in detail on a wide range of topics, expressing an opinion on a topic;
- explain the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
This course is not for people whose mother tongue is French.
Knowledge of French, intermediate
- present perfect and past perfect;
- subjunctive mood;
- indirect and direct object pronouns;
- active and passive voice;
- conditional tense;
- si with the past;
- articles with the days of the week;
- il, ce, c’est, cela ou ça;
- the imperative and pronouns;
- false friends;
- preposition of location;
- the pronoun lequel;
- relative pronouns qui, que and où;
- adverbs of location;
- the indefinite pronoun personne followed by ne
- Adapted language courses
- Available Language Courses
- Cost for Language Courses