French Courses – Advanced Begginer Level
ELC Professional Center offers French language courses that focus on oral and written communication, as well as specialized courses in reading texts. The latter are for participants whose passive knowledge of French is strongly recommended.
A placement test is REQUIRED BEFORE any course enrolment (exception: prior course successfully completed).
Here is a list of the levels offered:
- Advanced beginner;
- Advanced intermediate;
ADVANCED BEGINNER LEVEL
Once the course is completed, the participant will be able to:
- understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of immediate priority (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment);
- communicate during simple and routine tasks which requires a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters;
- describe using simple terms their background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
This course is not for people whose mother tongue is French.
Basic knowledge of French
- future tense;
- questions using quel and combine;
- time expressions;
- aller + à, au, en, chez;
- questions with où, quand, comment, pourquoi;
- present, present perfect and near future tenses;
- the expression il y a;
- numbers to 1 million;
- the verb devoir + infinitive;
- conjunctions : mais, et;
- Adapted language courses
- Available Language Courses