English – Beginner Level
Beginner level participants have no or very little knowledge of the English language.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand and use familiar, everyday expressions, as well as very simple statements that are aimed to meet very concrete needs.
- Introduce themselves and others, and ask someone questions about themselves – for example, where they live, their relationships, what belongs to them, etc. – and answer the same type of questions.
- Communicate in a simple manner if the person speaks slowly and clearly.
They will learn to communicate in simple situations and will acquire simple vocabulary. Acquisition of the principles of pronunciation and basic grammatical structures. Basic writing and reading exercises. This pedagogical approach is mixed and focused on communication.
Anyone whose mother tongue is not English.
A placement test is suggested before registering for a course.
- Communication Content
- Introductions, salutations, and using formal and informal formulae in social settings
- Speak about yourself, your family, and your entourage
- Know the days of the week and months
- Know the names of Countries and their corresponding adjectives
- Describe items, furniture, and objects in a house
- Ask and give information about everyday actions
- Identify, describe, and locate a person, an object, or a location
- Order a meal in a restaurant
- Give or reject a proposition
- Offer an alternative
- Purchase things
- Cardinal numbers from 1 to 1000 and ordinal numbers from 1st au 10th
- Tell time, dates, frequency, and duration
- Express your tastes, feelings, physical and psychological state
- Grammatical Content
- Verb tenses
- Simple present
- Present progressive
- Simple past
- Past progressive
- Plural of nouns
- Forming a question
- Cardinal and ordinal numbers
- Singular and plural
- Definite and indefinite articles
- Question words
- Using be, do have
- Personal pronouns (subject and object)
- Possessive adjectives and pronouns
- Common verbs
- Frequent adjectives
- Oral Expression
- Various subjects
Contact us for more information:
Act regarding 1%
Our training services are accredited by the “ministère de l’Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale” and are subject to the Act regarding “compétences de la main d’œuvre sur la formation”. You can find all the information regarding this Act on the following Website (please note, the information is in French only):
As we are an organization that is certified by Emploi-Québec, we are able to fill out all required documents for you. Moreover, we can even find the contact person at Emploi-Québec!
Do not wait until the end of your financial year to prepare your training activities!
- Tailored Language Courses
- Available Language Courses