English – Advanced Level
Advanced level participants know and understand most of the grammatical and syntax rules. They express themselves fluidly and have remarkable skills when it comes to communicating with another speaker.
At this point, the participants are more independent when it comes to their learning skills. Along with the instructor, they determine the specific linguistic aspects upon which they would like to improve.
At the end of the course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand a wide range of long and difficult texts, as well as comprehend implicit significations.
- Express themselves spontaneously and fluidly without have to look too much for their words. They are able to use language efficiently and easily in everyday and professional situations.
- Express themselves on complex issues in a clear and well-structured manner, and demonstrate their control over organizational, articulate and speech cohesion tools.
They will communicate with ease and discuss on a wide range of topics. They will work on understanding articles, conferences, and films, as well as write clear and detailed opinion texts. Reading a novel or essay is also a part of the program.
Anyone whose mother tongue is not English.
A placement test is suggested before registering for a course.
Having taken the intermediate advanced level course or have passed the placement test
- Communication Content
- Understand an oral report and discuss a variety of topics
- Understand a contemporary literary text
- Briefly summarize an event, book, or movie
- Interact spontaneously with native speakers
- Recount a speech
- Express past hypotheses
- Discuss and speak on various contemporary subjects
- films, medias, work, environment, education
- Write emails and other administrative documents
- Grammatical Content
- Consolidation of some verbal periphrases
- Review prepositions
- Subordinate sentences
- Noun clauses
- who, what, whose, if, whether
- Passive forms of auxiliary verbs (modals)
- Conditional sentences
- Verb forms after wish
- Avoid repeating by using synonyms
- Subjunctive mood in nominal subordinate sentences
- Reduce adjective sentences
- Using idioms, synonyms, and antonyms
- All conditional moods
- Discourse connectors
- Enrich, vary, and nuance their vocabulary thanks to exercises
- Learn and use idioms
- Create common nouns using verbs and adjectives
- Oral Expression
- Various subjects
Contact us for more information:
Act regarding 1%
Our training services are accredited by the “ministère de l’Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale” and are subject to the Act regarding “compétences de la main d’œuvre sur la formation”. You can find all the information regarding this Act on the following Website (please note, the information is in French only):
As we are an organization that is certified by Emploi-Québec, we are able to fill out all required documents for you. Moreover, we can even find the contact person at Emploi-Québec!
Do not wait until the end of your financial year to prepare your training activities!
- Tailored Language Courses
- Available Language Courses