English – Intermediate Level
The intermediate level participants adequately use, both orally and in writing, the following verb tenses: Simple Present, Present Progressive, Simple Past, Past Progressive and Future. In addition, they use the negative and interrogative forms of these verb tenses.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the essential points when a clear and standard language is used, as well as when it is about familiar things.
- Cope with most situations while traveling in an area where the targeted language is spoken.
- Speak simply and coherently about common topics and in fields of interest.
- Recount an event, an experience, or a dream, describe a hope of a goal, and briefly discuss the reasons or explain a project or idea.
They will learn to communicate personal interests and on varied topics. They will work on understanding discussion about various subjects as well as understanding various means of communication. They will use grammatical rules in writing. Reading a short novel and / or short texts. This pedagogical approach is mixed and focused on communication.
Anyone whose mother tongue is not English or who would like to improve their language skills.
A placement test is suggested before registering for a course.
Having taken the advanced beginner course or having passed the placement test.
- Communication Content
- Locate past actions in time and express duration and frequency
- Talk about a past action
- Speak over the telephone
- take, leave, and transmit a message
- Express feelings and interests
- Give a summary and tell a story in the present
- Express a recent past action
- Express habitual past actions
- describe people, objects, and locations in the past
- Describe characteristics and the purpose of an object
- Future expressions
- Give advice and express certainty, uncertainty, and ignorance
- Write a text, give information
- Write a short biography
- Recount past events by using discourse connectors
- Verbalize a wish
- Express various feelings
- Prohibition, obligation, impersonality, and habit
- Tell a story in the past using discourse connectors
- Grammatical Content
- Verb tenses
- Past and Present (simple and progressive forms)
- Review irregular verbs in the Past
- Present Perfect
- Present Perfect Progressive
- Past Perfect
- Introduction to past participles of common irregular verbs
- Gerunds and infinitives
- Passive form
- Adjective clauses
- Comparatives and superlatives
- Expression TO BE BORN
- Adverbs of time, duration, and frequency
- Connecting ideas using and, but, or, so, either, neither, because, even though, although
- Verb + gerund and verb + infinitive
- Phrasal verbs
- Verb + preposition
- Verb tenses
- Expressions with the future
- Expressions of quantity
- Oral Expression
- Various subjects
- expressing a wish
- analogical expressions
- Various subjects
Contact us for more information:
Act regarding 1%
Our training services are accredited by the “ministère de l’Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale” and are subject to the Act regarding “compétences de la main d’œuvre sur la formation”. You can find all the information regarding this Act on the following Website (please note, the information is in French only):
As we are an organization that is certified by Emploi-Québec, we are able to fill out all required documents for you. Moreover, we can even find the contact person at Emploi-Québec!
Do not wait until the end of your financial year to prepare your training activities!
- Tailored Language Courses
- Available Language Courses