Proverbs about languages
We decided to add a few proverbs about languages and learning a language (or two).
- To learn a language is to have one more window from which to look at the world. – Chinese proverb
- Those who know many languages live as many lives as the languages they know. ‒ Czech proverb
- One who speaks only one language is one person, but one who speaks two languages is two people. ‒ Turkish Proverb
- A new language is a new life. – Persian Proverb
- Learn a language, and you’ll avoid a war. – Arab Proverb
- With a language, you can go to Rome. – Quebec Proverb (In French: Avec une langue, on peut aller à Rome.)
- If you want people to understand you, speak their language. – African Proverb
- Love has its own language, but marriage falls back on the local dialect. – Russian proverb
- Learn a new language and get a new soul. – Czech Proverb
- If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his own language, that goes to his heart. ‒ Nelson Mandela
- Let’s face it, French is hard to learn. I...
- The English language is not as easy as everyone...
- As we are in Quebec, it is important to know Fr...
- We live in a faced-paced world and we want ever...
- Have you always wanted to communicate with othe...
unEYu2(=@Xd70iix-R,5 Read Full