French Courses – Advanced Level
ELC Professional Center offers French language courses that focus on oral and written communication, as well as specialized courses in reading texts. The latter are for participants whose passive knowledge of French is strongly recommended.
A placement test is REQUIRED BEFORE any course enrolment (exception: prior course successfully completed).
Here is a list of the levels offered:
- Advanced beginner;
- Advanced intermediate;
Once the course is completed, the participant will be able to:
- understand the main ideas of concrete and abstract topics in a complex text, including technical discussions in their field of activity;
- interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity, such as regular interaction with native speakers without strain for neither party;
- express themselves clearly and in detail on a wide range of topics, expressing an opinion on a topic and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of various possibilities;
- understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognize implicit meanings;
- express themselves fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions;
- use language effectively and effortlessly in their professional, social, or academic environment;
- speak about complex subjects in a clear and well-structured manner, showing controlled use of organizational patterns, connectors and cohesive discourse.
This course is not for people whose mother tongue is French.
Knowledge of French, advanced intermediate
- the plus-que-parfait tense;
- faire followed by an infinitive;
- conjunction sinon;
- past conditional tense
- conditional clauses using si;
- subjunctive mood and conjunctions;
- past participle;
- indirect speech;
- faire and se faire followed by an infinitive;
- the plus-que-parfait and the past conditional tenses;
- future tenses;
- subjunctive past;
- relative pronouns;
- subject-verb agreement;
- false friends;
- Adapted language courses
- Available Language Courses