English – Advanced Beginner Level
Advanced beginner participants have basic knowledge (vocabulary, a few sentences, and verbs) and can communicate their main thoughts. They should progress more quickly than the beginner in acquiring new knowledge.
At the end of the training, the participant will be able to:
- Understand isolated sentences and expressions commonly used with regards to various simple situations (for example, simple personal and family information, purchases, close environment, work).
- Communicate simple and usual tasks that require a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and usual subjects.
- Using simple means, describe their training, environment and evoke subjects that correspond to immediate needs.
They will learn to communicate in common situations. They will learn the following: understanding reading material and simple conversations. The pedagogical approach is mixed and focused on communication.
Anyone whose mother tongue is not English.
A placement test is suggested before registering for a course.
Having taken the beginner course or having passed the placement test
- Communication Content
- Describe a city or a neighborhood
- Speak about the weather and know the seasons
- Express actions in progress
- Move around the city
- talk about the means of transportation
- Express an opinion, give advice or a command
- Carry out projects, ask for information
- Ask for help and accepting it, offer and accept apologies
- Create a short story in the past
- Know professions and discuss activities and conditions related to work
- Compare things
- Express taste and preferences
- Grammatical Content
- Modal verbs
- can, could, would, should, etc.
- The passive sentence
- all verb tenses
- using modals
- Adjective clauses
- Prepositions of place and movement
- countable and Non-countable
- Past tenses
- the most common irregular verbs
- Present and past progressive of verbs
- Future tense
- be going to vs. will
- Comparatives and superlatives
- Introduction to verbs + gerund or + infinitive
- Modal verbs
- Oral Expression
- Various subjects
Contact us for more information:
Act regarding 1%
Our training services are accredited by the “ministère de l’Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale” and are subject to the Act regarding “compétences de la main d’œuvre sur la formation”. You can find all the information regarding this Act on the following Website (please note, the information is in French only):
As we are an organization that is certified by Emploi-Québec, we are able to fill out all required documents for you. Moreover, we can even find the contact person at Emploi-Québec!
Do not wait until the end of your financial year to prepare your training activities!
- Tailored Language Courses
- Available Language Courses