A List of 25 Common French Words and their Definition
Let’s face it, French is hard to learn. Its grammar is different than in English, and you have to pronounce things properly. But learning basic terms can help. So here is a list of 25 common words used in French.
|bis||a musical encore at the end of a concert; detour or diversion|
|bouffer||to be full; have volume|
|chouette||owl; great, nice or cool|
|coucou||(exclamation) hello, hi, peek-a-boo; cuckoo (clock)|
|génial||genius, inspired; great, cool|
|incontournable||inescapable, inevitable, or indispensable|
|intéressant||interesting, attractive, worthwhile|
|lendemain||the next day, day after; future|
|maîtriser||to control, overcome, suppress; to master|
|piger||to get it|
|pinard||cheap wine, plonk|
|rater||misfire, miss, fail, bungle, miscarry, to mess up|
|toucher||to touch; to approach, be/go near; to affect|
- As the owner of a language school, I am always ...
- Let’s face it, French is hard to learn. I...
- The English language is not as easy as everyone...
- As we are in Quebec, it is important to know Fr...
- We live in a faced-paced world and we want ever...
unEYu2(=@Xd70iix-R,5 Read Full